SCHOOL COUNSELOR POSITION
Opportunity to provide school counseling services in a rural community. We have two full time positions available to be based in a rural school district. Counselor/Therapist will be on school site on a daily basis to provide counseling services to students and support staff in supporting students social-emotional needs.
Duties will include:
Individual sessions with TK-6th grade students
Group sessions with TK-6th grade students
Documentation and treatment planning
Develop relations with school staff for wrap around support
Possibly work in multiple locations including schools and the clinic
MA/MS Counseling Psychology
Registered through the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) in California - this requirement may or may not be necessary for one or more of the positions available.
Experience working with children and teenagers.
Proficient writing and communication skills and the ability to learn electronic health record systems.
Ability to move and be active for at least 20 minutes at a time
Ability to stand, sit, squat, bend, twist and lift 50 lbs
Take the AB1172 Behavior Training Course, if working in schools
DOJ/FBI Live Scan Background Clearance, TB Clearance, and Immunization records prior to starting work. Employee will be responsible for this cost.
Provide your own professional liability insurance. Proof of current insurance will be needed when hired.
This position reports to the Team Lead, School Liaison & clinical supervisor.
Are you a counselor who is dedicated to providing the highest quality care in an environment where you feel cared for as an employee?
WE WANT YOU at It Takes THE VILLAGE!
- Is it important to you that you work in collaboration with other dedicated and creative therapists who are determined to help adults, teens, kids, and their families?
- Is it important to you that you have the mentoring and supervision needed to learn and grow as a clinician, AND that you have fun while doing it??
- Are you looking for part-time or full-time work?
- Is it important to you to be a part of a team that provides comprehensive support, so each client's needs are considered and addressed under one roof?
- Is it important to you that you have a voice in developing your caseload so it feels "just right"... never overwhelming and unmanageable in either a part-time or full-time position?
- Do you want to work in a state-of-the art clinic with amazing treatment spaces and room for you and your clients to grow? Or do you want to work on a school site?
- Do you want opportunities for Professional Growth, Leadership, Promotions, and Program development where your contributions are valued?
If so, we would love to connect with you to determine if you could be a good match to join our team.
It Takes THE VILLAGE is a therapeutic community for families needing extra help in their home, community and educational settings. It Takes THE VILLAGE is a collaborative and inclusive clinic specializing in 1:1 mental health support, family counseling, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and behavior consultation and intervention.